I do fairly well at adjusting on the fly. I didn't always. There was a time when any deviation from the plan was cause for feelings of failure. My plan was to get a good workout today. Instead, I allowed the day and evening to get away from me. At a certain point I declared today a rest day and was immediately okay with this decision. No feelings and thoughts of failing at anything. No self-loathing in a cloud of negative energy. It's one day. I know the difference between taking a needed off day and slacking off. I'm calling today a needed off day even though I didn't realize this until well into the evening.
I had a fantastic food day. I love grilling kabobs! I need to do it more often. I have a tendency to get into patterns, habits, routines--whatever you want to call it, then suddenly finding it a challenge to switch it up. I do this with my exercise and with my food. It's still all good. I mean, I really love what I do for exercise and what I eat. And it's working well for me. But I also know occasionally switching it up is a smart move. Dinner tonight was a move in that direction.
My Tweets Today:
Is it Monday already? Say it isn't so! Here we go. Dark roast with sugar free hazelnut creamer. 30C X 2 cups= 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/POf3KyjBbo
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 2015One whole egg, two egg white omelet with 74g avocado, fresh pineapple (8.9oz), strawberries (153g). 396 cal. pic.twitter.com/SYjIRtglV6
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 20152.5 cups. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/4kvki9YkjJ
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 2015Fat free/sugar free bean (130g) & cheese (provolone) tostadas w/salsa, lettuce & light sr crm (15g). Apple. 415 cal. pic.twitter.com/UyhbY56N6Y
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 20152.5 cup refill. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/Aflzuabvig
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 2015Evening coffee w/sugar free hazelnut creamer. One cup now, one after dinner, later. 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/TJdhRJbnJa
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 30, 20152 cups water with dinner. #watertracking pic.twitter.com/X5zMlY3l1O
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 31, 2015Grilled chicken (8oz) & sweet pepper kabobs. Guac w/diced tomato, red onion, lght sr crm. 1 Srving chips. 597 cal. pic.twitter.com/OqKSkWEvec
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 31, 2015Small Cara Cara orange & golden delicious apple slices. #lastfoodofday 140 cal. pic.twitter.com/dPwhNxR8Bx
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 31, 2015Another two cups to sip while writing. This exceeds my #watergoal for the day. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/hBfG7VqdYX
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) March 31, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean