I believe it's okay and perfectly normal for me to have a little fun with the appearance part of the transformation as long as I understand where it ranks on level of importance. It's down a ways on the list. The most important transformation is the unseen, the mental and emotional stuff and how it all works together within the elements of my recovery. If the focus was purely on the physical transformation it would be difficult to see it through to a healthy weight and if so, it would be a very temporary experience.
It's interesting how the physical transformation encourages elements of the mental/emotional transformation. Completely changing ones appearance in a dramatic way, is a mind warp. In my experience, the brain takes a while to adjust its perception. This dynamic is apparent to me every time I catch my reflection in a window or mirror and I have to do a double take because my brain doesn't fully recognize my changed appearance. Another example is looking at a small-narrow armed chair and my brain says, nope--no way we're fitting in there, and then I do, just fine.
The inside work is imperative to our success. There's just no substitute for facing the mental/emotional challenges of a dramatic transformation. It's too big of a topic for me to explore tonight. This is the very tip of a much larger topic unique to each of us.
I did it. I shaved that thing off my face and I feel great about. It wasn't a big deal after all. Very strange how attached I had become to it, not because I necessarily loved it, but because others had told me they liked it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it--I was just surprised at my initial reluctance to shave it and it prompted me to look a little deeper into why. I may grow it back someday or not, I don't know. Doesn't matter, really. It was fun to shave it off.
My Tweets Today:
Dark roast with sugar free hazelnut creamer. Good Saturday morning! 30 cal X 2 cups= 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/lPzvYf6O2B
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 2015Breakfast Pizza. G-Free wrap w/SF tomato basil, mushrooms, green pepper, 3 whole eggs & 2 slices mozz. Apple. 553 cal pic.twitter.com/hf67Vz5CvT
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 20153 cups. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/q2EONqIqUy
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 2015BBQ chicken (8oz skinless thighs) w/sugar free BBQ sauce, cantaloupe (375g), grilled asparagus. 518 cal. pic.twitter.com/c0Qa14APlD
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 2015Elliptical first, followed by weights. #timetosweat pic.twitter.com/YfeM7ANP0c
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 2015Elliptical, weights, water. #feelsgood 2.5c refill after downing 2.5 cups from previous tweet. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/sHd43adKWo
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 4, 201513 items or less... pic.twitter.com/nWKjPYpmbP
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015This coffee cost me roughly 30 cents. At home using old cup from yesterday's treat. Sugar free hazelnut. 30 cal. pic.twitter.com/w9IJUro3Yg
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015Shaved the facial hair while listening to Katy Perry. I got brave today. #humor pic.twitter.com/fuekkTc1AE
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 201532oz water-no ice. 4 cups. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/qImGF9VYJb
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015Six chips with salsa and 1/2 tablspn sour cream. 108 cal. pic.twitter.com/ma9E1aw3uD
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015Crispy grilled shrimp (15 small shrimp) crunchy tacos with lettuce and 1 tblspn sour cream. 298 cal. pic.twitter.com/F13UzW4fmX
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015Golden delicious apple with a slice of provolone. #lastfoodofday 140 cal. pic.twitter.com/881KwRga8g
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 5, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean