I really needed a pair of jeans. I only had one pair that fit properly. The same could be said thirteen months ago, but for opposite reasons. Back then, all of my jeans were too small. Now, all of them are too big. It's a very nice "problem" to have. I found a big sale and ended up with two new pair of size 36 waist jeans for less than the price I expected to pay for one pair.
Holding them up in the fitting room, my brain doesn't compute properly. It's very interesting. I hold them up and think, no way will these fit--there's just no way. Then they do. I also tried a size 34 and no--not ready for that size. But the 36's, yes-those work well.
I wanted a sport coat. But as I shopped, I had the thought--why am I not at a thrift store? I immediately decided to check out thrift shops first for sport coats. I'll do that soon.
I'm not a good clothes shopper. I don't enjoy it. I didn't enjoy it when I was at my heaviest and I still don't. It was fun fitting into those jeans and getting a great deal. But I didn't spend a lot of time in the shopping process. I'm an "in and out" shopper. I know what I want, I find it--try it on, if it fits, I'm checking out and leaving. If it doesn't fit, I'll pretend it's the wrong color.
I made today a rest day in the exercise department. It wasn't the plan, but I'm okay with the decision. I was up earlier than I wanted to be this morning and I've been overly tired pretty much all day. Let's just say, it didn't take much inner dialogue for me to accept the unintended rest day.
I was exchanging text support messages Friday with a support buddy who shared their plan to enjoy fried catfish this weekend. I love fried catfish. LOVE IT. So I declared I would have some, too! I stopped by the store and picked up some fresh catfish. It's cheap around here! I bought more than enough for two meals for just under five dollars. I used corn meal and some of the leftover gluten free flour in my pantry to coat each piece, then fried 'em in canola oil. Determining the calorie count is a challenge with something like this.
First of all, I did some research for calorie counts and portion sizes at popular restaurants offering catfish. That gave me a fairly good idea. Then I weighed the raw catfish. That's the easy part. The harder part is determining how much corn meal and flour is being used--and how much of the canola oil will be absorbed during cooking.
I determine how much prep ingredients remain after preparation and cooking and that gives me a fairly accurate guesstimate. Then I compare my determination with the calorie counts from the popular restaurants. Is it close? Yes. Is it perfect? NO. Is it okay to be close enough? By all means.
The fried catfish was worth the effort!
My evening has included doing weather coverage breaks for the radio station. We're under a flood warning tonight. I'm hitting the pillow thoroughly wore out and confident in the elements of my day.
My Tweets Today:
I forgot to turn off my internal alarm. There will be nap. :) Coffee. SF hazelnut (1tblspn per) 2cups. 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/jD3CGsCyQW— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 2015Veggie & Cheese w/3whts-1whl, mushrooms, yllw pepper & 2 slices provolone. Watermelon (315g), strwbrrs(171g). 424 cal pic.twitter.com/DLREpTdr6S— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 2015— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 2015Medium banana & cheese stick. 185 cal. pic.twitter.com/c1edmSXGXH— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 201512 chips & fresh salsa. 167 cal. pic.twitter.com/c5L7M3hK7L— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 20152 cups with lunch. #watertracking pic.twitter.com/LXFE47nVkV— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 2015Fajita chicken (6oz) crispy tacos with shredded lettuce & sour cream (15g), salsa. 378 cal. pic.twitter.com/YB9ggN8vMY— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 23, 2015Evening cup of dark roast w/sugar free hazelnut creamer 1 tblspn. 30 cal. pic.twitter.com/vpgTof3OH2— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 24, 20152 cups with dinner. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/yA28q4UWkX— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 24, 2015Home fried catfish! 8oz catfish, corn meal, gfree flour, saltNpepper, canola oil. 1/3 pear, asparagus. 407 cal. pic.twitter.com/oJ6blRBgAs— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 24, 20151/2 golden delicious apple. #lastfoodofday 40 cal. pic.twitter.com/Hd2Ek9j2uT— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 24, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean