April 11th, 2015 Internal Regulator Switch

April 11th, 2015 Internal Regulator Switch

I was on a location broadcast from a grocery store's massive meat sale today. When I arrived, the assistant manager approached me in wide eyed disbelief. "Oh wow, look at you! You've lost even more weight!! You look amazing!" She was genuinely excited. I suppose it's been several months since my last broadcast at this location and the weight loss shows. These kind of reactions never get old to me. I do process them a little differently, now.

I allow myself the pleasure of the compliment, I graciously accept and give thanks--then I silently remind myself of my daily practice in taking extraordinary care and how it's this critically important self-care affording me these type of moments. In other words, I don't get too caught up with compliments on my appearance. As wonderful as it feels physically, mentally and emotionally, I know all too well how quickly it can go in an unhealthy direction mentally and emotionally, then without a doubt, physically.

It doesn't mean I can't or don't enjoy the many perks of my transformation, it simply means I'm always aware, forever grateful, enormously humble and grounded when it comes to understanding the magnitude of the critically important elements keeping me well. These elements, I pray I never let go of again. 

I enjoyed some great food today. My beef and onion pizza for lunch was incredibly flavorful and an amazing calorie value! One of my most popular dinner selections, the chicken and zucchini crispy tacos with chips and salsa dressing, never seem to go out of style for me. I love the taste and texture. Texture is a big thing for me, apparently.

After finally determining yesterday a rest day, I followed up with a great workout at the Y today. The elliptical always works me well and the weights feel awesome. I did lower a couple of the weights today out of fear I might be pushing it too hard. I felt a little pinch on my upper back during the row press and immediately thought I better take it down a notch! This caution comes naturally to me and goes back to Day 1 and 505 pounds, when I approached the walking trail fearful it might kill me. I've held back through whatever workouts I've done over the years, doing enough to get results, but never pushing. It's not necessarily the best thing--but it's certainly kept me from getting hurt. It's like some kind of internal regulator switch that shuts off if I push too hard. A friend recently talk to me about running and the whole time they were talking, I was thinking--if I eventually start running, I'm going to need to get over this irrational fear.

I was going through my picture library this evening and decided to include several on tonight's post. No captions, just photos. Many of my photos involve microphones. I suppose there's some deeply embedded need in me to communicate. Expressing ideas, thoughts and communicating effectively is something I'm passionate about doing more of along the way. I sincerely appreciate your continued support as this exploration continues!

 photo Mail0025.jpg

 photo ac828f58-0e32-451d-a5f0-8d4a38e12a7b_zps1miqiygd.jpg

 photo oldsean.jpg

 photo WalkaMileinHerShoes102.jpg

 photo DSC_2113.jpg

 photo Poncanoprystagephoto.jpg

 photo Photo0371.jpg

 photo 11148698_10152926307323371_759050252852976945_n_zpsvoujihio.jpg



My Tweets Today:






















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Sean
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Winning n Loser is proudly powered by blogger.com