I took a nap incredibly late afternoon/early evening, after an exceptionally long day. The work day was capped off with a location broadcast from a car dealer. One of the big draws during the broadcast? Free cookies and soft drinks!
It's perfectly okay--and I'm beyond fine being around stuff like this. It truly doesn't entice me in the least, for reasons I've written extensively about of late.
That nap--yeah...a little after 6pm until almost 7:30pm. A friend of mine thought I was crazy. But I felt it necessary and that's what matters. Had it been a night before a 4:30am alarm, different story. I will sleep-in a little while tomorrow morning.
I hit the trail for a 5K tonight. I ended at 2.7 miles instead. It was just too late and I was feeling too tired. Three laps was good for me. I did something unusual out there tonight. Well, first of all--it's strange that this was the third Friday night in a row at the trail. A pattern seems to be developing. The unusual thing? I walked in silence. I did this a couple of times before a very long time ago while walking in the early morning. I wanted to hear the birds sing their morning songs.
Tonight, I was simply enjoying the stillness of my surroundings. I was the only soul out there and it was incredibly peaceful. It was breezy and cool with some low level clouds racing Northward at what seemed to be an unusually fast speed. The only things moving in the park tonight were the trees, the clouds and me.
Two different location broadcasts for my Saturday, so I better drop in bed.
Oh, one more thing. Leah, a regular reader and fantastic loyal supporter from Canada, posted a link on her Facebook page to a segment on the CBC television series, Marketplace. It was all about gluten free products. I'm aware that only 2% of people suffer from celiac disease--and these people must avoid gluten 100%, or they get incredibly sick, fast. The questions asked and answered revolved around, Is it necessary for non-celiacs? What's the financial and nutritional cost? What's fueling this massive trend toward g-free? It was extremely informative, entertaining and it helped me make a decision.
I'm ditching the gluten free products I sometimes use. I wasn't ever 100% gluten free anyway, so really, what was the point? I'm the first to admit I don't know everything about nutrition, not by a long shot. This report was eye opening. I really hate to admit being suckered in by the big marketing efforts behind g-free. For those with celiac disease or people with a milder discomfort known as gluten intolerance or for those who avoid wheat the same way I avoid sugar, gluten free is a great idea. For me, gluten free isn't necessary. I didn't realize tonight's g-free pasta would be my last, but I suppose it was.
OMGoodness...I must pick up some Joseph's Pitas this weekend!
My Tweets Today:
It's Friday! Good morning. Dark roast coffee w/sugar free hazelnut creamer. 2 cups. 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/sVHqb9v5tW
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 2015Beef (96% lean, ground 4oz) & Mozzarella (1slice) omelet w/3whites-1whole & mushrooms. Golden delicious apple. 396cal pic.twitter.com/JZAun6ZGjE
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 20152 cups with lunch. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/cU2IlmkORg
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 2015Bean (65g) & provolone (1slice) tostada w/15g lght sr crm. Spicy Guac w/80g avocado, 15g lght sr crm & salsa. 473 cal pic.twitter.com/oyYFJa2BF0
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 20152 cups water. #watertracking pic.twitter.com/2OkzihAQxF
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 2015Holding me until dinner. Chicken (2oz) & cheddar (14g) melt taco w/light sour cream (15g). 189 cal. pic.twitter.com/6Qju2y6H5F
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 24, 2015Evening coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer. 1 cup, 1 tblspn. 30 cal. pic.twitter.com/Wu4lQfrL92
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 20153 cups with dinner. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/HuAOEtlRa1
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 20151 srv g-free penne pasta (56g dry), 1.5 srv sf marinara, 4oz 96% lean beef, sliced portobello & mozzarella. 492 cal. pic.twitter.com/e6i38LG0Jr
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 2015Third Friday night in a row I've found myself at the trail for a 5k. It's super late, but after a good nap earlier, this works for me.
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 2015Cut it a little short tonight. Happy with 2.7 miles. It's too late!! #walkingworks
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 2015Golden delicious apple. #lastfoodofday 80 cal. pic.twitter.com/hyziqE71fa
— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) April 25, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean