In my morning email:
"Sean
A friend of mine told me you have lost over 400 pounds in the last year. I want to congratulate you but also wanted to ask if you think this is a healthy amount of weight to loose in one year? I will start reading thru your blog to see what your doing. It looks like you have people who look to you for inspiration. My friend Cassie does. I also things that she has a crush on you. just a heads up shes crazy. She lives a thousand miles from you so don't worry. Anyhoozle, hope your doingit in heelthy way.
Becca"
I loved "just a heads up she's crazy." I literally laughed out loud. I gave Becca a very fast reply, telling her that her friend had the numbers wrong and how I hope she enjoyed the blog.
If she reads the archives over the last year, she'll quickly deduce, this isn't an extreme approach. It's a consistent approach. I'm very proud of this.
And just in case you two are reading this: Cassie and Becca, I thank you both for reading or skimming, or just looking at the pictures, whatever you're doing here, that's cool. :) I hope you both find something within these pages that resonates deeply with your experience.
It's not the first time my weight loss has been misquoted. Remember this?
I swear, I just knew someone was going to get up and walk out while shouting, "Hey, he didn't lose 500 pounds! He only lost 275 pounds!! We've all been misled!!! I'm outta here!" Turns out, everyone stayed on that snowy night in Sikeston, Missouri.
Today was unusually busy for a Tuesday. It wasn't necessarily stressful, just busy and on schedule. My plan and schedule pretty much made itself for me, based on production priorities. I did make time to pause for a nice lunch midday. I got home in time to grab a nap and start preparing dinner before my weekly weight loss support group conference call. The call was wonderful. Life Coach Gerri and I take turns moderating the group each week. Tonight was her turn to lead. I really enjoy learning from her in so many ways. Gerri just celebrated 22 years of maintenance. I'm paying attention.
My mom's blood specialist was doing his elliptical workout at the Y tonight. We both finished our workouts at the same time. It was the perfect opportunity to ask a fast medical question. As much as I was thrilled with my resting heart rate yesterday, in a way--it kind of freaks me out, just a little. I made the mistake of reading all kinds of things online about slow heart rate and what it may or may not mean--and oh my...Why did I do that to myself?
I workout. I'm very fortunate and grateful, My heart is in good shape. I don't know why I couldn't just accept that as the case and be okay.
I asked the doctor if he minded a quick medical question. He was very gracious. I'm sure doctors get inundated with casual questions everywhere they go. It's probably not good form for me to add to this, but I wanted to hear him say it was likely okay. And basically, he did. I felt much better.
I'll let the Tweets take it the rest of the way tonight. I'm hitting the pillow feeling really well..
My Tweets Today:
Good Tuesday morning! I love Tuesday, because it's not Monday. Coffee w/sf hazelnut creamer (1tblspn) X 2 cups. 60cal pic.twitter.com/Q467YsZrdU— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Two cheese omelet w/3 egg whites-1 whole egg, 1 slice each-provolone & swiss, Anjou pear, Cara Cara orange. 441 cal. pic.twitter.com/CzkiLSyOdJ— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 20152 cups water. #watertracking pic.twitter.com/1wu4J4YRPw— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015FF/SF bean (130g) & provolone (1slice) tostadas w/salsa, lettuce & lght sr cream (30g). Strawberries (199g). 359 cal. pic.twitter.com/wNAZV6XOBB— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Evening coffee. I earned it. #rationalizing SF hazelnut creamer (1tblspn) 2 cups. 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/AGcPT2BsK3— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Oh, how the flavors harmonize for the most delightful side dish, perfect for my fish-fish. pic.twitter.com/Mk0bvYt6qD— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Tilapia loins (8oz), sweet pot. (230g), squash, red onions & thin green beans w/O.O.spray. Roasted asparagus. 534 cal pic.twitter.com/4dk6jZEp4W— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015If I down this water, then I get to have the after dinner cup of coffee. #myrules I want that cup. Here goes...2cups. pic.twitter.com/ojDvofYnHc— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015Time to climb aboard the magical elliptical, turn on tunes & get lost in a sweaty fun world where everyone lip syncs. pic.twitter.com/62ZJPsrryg— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015Okay, maybe it's just me. ;) 2 cups. #wateraccountability— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015And boom goes the dynamite. :) #endorphinexplosion Okay, maybe that's a touch dramatic. I do feel great, though. pic.twitter.com/UF4upK0iKr— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015During & post bottle, then post workout refill adds up to #watergoal It's a minimum goal, certainly, but it works for me, today...for now.— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015Maybe it's the endorphins talking, but I feel goofy good.— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015A few things X 2... pic.twitter.com/t1u9iqy9md— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015Golden delicious apple w/1.5tblspns natural peanut butter & two cups unsweetened cashew milk. #lastfoodofday 288 cal. pic.twitter.com/FGRZUb5RxR— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 20, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean