Several years ago, I remember trying to give blood and being rejected because my blood pressure was out of control. It feels amazing to donate without fear of blood pressure excluding me.
Today's donation brings me super close to two gallons over the last four years or so.
My blood pressure was perfect. My resting heart rate= 48...It created a pause from the nurse. "Do you workout?" I told her I did and then she asked another person to come over and override the computer that says you can't donate under 50 beats per minute. The asterisk to that is: Unless you're an athlete.
I've never thought of myself as "athletic." BUT-- According to this chart I found, I have the athletic heart of an 18 to 25 year old.
I'm not getting too hung up on it. 48 bpm seems really low. Weight loss has made my heart's job much easier, apparently!
It seems like just yesterday when Amber would come to me requesting help with a paper or project for school. I just finished working on a project with her tonight, except this time, instead of a school project, it was her wedding programs. I folded and she ink stamped each by hand.
I still can't believe I'll be walking her down the aisle in less than two weeks. It doesn't seem possible. Surely this was a homework project for her family living class. She'll turn it in and get an A, easy. I'm in father of the bride denial, I know. But the reminiscing is a fun mental place to cling to, as tight as I can.
My Tweets Today:
Monday morning blend-dark roast w/sf hazelnut (1tblspn) 2 cups. It's the same as always. I just call it that. 60 cal. pic.twitter.com/nJiOVlKUX6— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Big avocado omelet w/3 egg whites-1 whole egg, 133g avocado w/saltNpepper, Anjou pear, 58g strawberries. 453 cal. pic.twitter.com/0JI8CkYUdS— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Donating blood. BP: 117/77 Pulse: 48. Tech: "Your pulse is 48. Do you workout?" Me: "Yes, yes I do."— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Post donation snack. Peanuts (21g) & 2 cups water. #wateraccountability 120 cal. pic.twitter.com/LTl3a6shyW— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015I was once rejected as a blood donor because of raging high blood pressure. Not anymore. #weightlossblessings pic.twitter.com/QQjwy72cyJ— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 20152 cups with lunch. #watertracking pic.twitter.com/XwZM72I6HF— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 201542g tortilla chips, 3/4 srv ff/sf beans, red onion, 1 slice each-provolone, swiss, lght sr crm (15g), salsa. 420 cal. pic.twitter.com/lqFakWkXGJ— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Elliptical first and then weights. Weights are busy! 2 cups for during and post workout. #wateraccountability pic.twitter.com/bsIaGjSIS2— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Excellent sweat. #feelgreat #endorphinrush 2 cup refill. #watergoal Level 18 better get used to me-Not backing down! pic.twitter.com/c3ZD0dhiHs— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 18, 2015Chicken fajita crispy tacos w/6oz chicken, lettuce & sr crm (30g), 7 chips, salsa w/sr crm. 472 cal. pic.twitter.com/XY1AWjpNut— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Golden delicious apple & Cara Cara Orange. #lastfoodofday 160 cal. pic.twitter.com/3XSBp8jZus— Sean Anderson (@SeanAAnderson) May 19, 2015Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean